Custom Search

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Buh-Bye Binkie!

At Tim's request, I tried to "man up" the blog a little bit. So say good bye to soft pinks and cute design and hello to weird little owl in celebration of the apparently "manly" season of fall. I don't know why he cares so much. He never reads the blog and I'm sure none of our friend's husbands sit around and blog serf every night. But whatever. Compromise, it's what marriage is all about, right?

This week we have been trying to "loose" the binkie. This "plug" has generously served it's purpose. So much so, that when Brock has it in his mouth, he doesn't make a peep. I can't even tell if he smiles. But, when I take it out, he starts jabbering away! Unfortunately though, when I unplug the little peanut, lots of other stuff comes through too. Like whining, crying and the occasional high pitched scream.  I suppose I can either sacrifice my child's dental health for a few extra moments of silence or, well like every other parent, get used to it. I have to admit, it's been a hard a hard few days, but Brock has done wonderfully. He goes all day with out the binkie with out much trouble. We are still working on going sans binkie at nap time and bed time. We put him down with out it last night and he went to sleep just fine. However, he woke up early this morning, around 3. He sat and talked to himself for about an hour. Didn't cry, just carried on a perfectly pleasant conversation with himself. I don't know if the absence of his binkie had anything to do with this, but it was funny all the same. I'm not ready to try and put him down with out it at nap yet because I am not ready to sacrifice potentially 4 hours of peace and quiet a day! 

Anyway, as Brock is screaming and trying to push me out of my computer chair to get my attention, I might throw him the binkie. Just this once. Man, I hate when Tim has school till 8 at night...

Here is a video update for the Grandparents. Not great quality, we need to buy a real video camera.

2 comments:

Bunderson Family said...

i totally get the binkie dilemma!! Tay was attached to hers until about 20 mos!!! Now, she still doesn't like slepping on her own! We were not consistent w/ keeping it away from her until she finally lost hers! we haven't really given Kade one b/c of that, so nowhe doesn't really get how to keep one in his mouth and that is almost just as frustrating!! Good Luck!

Mandi said...

Good luck losing the binkie! I'm not excited for the day we try to take Hailey's away! That is awesome that Brock knows how to turn the lights off though. That is fun :)