Custom Search

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Just Knew It

Have you ever woke up and just knew, today was going to be one of those days? Well, mine started at about 5:30 thanks to Brock. And 5:30 is just no way to start the day in my book. No way. I finally let him out at about 8, very tired and bleary eyed I might add, and we got breakfast. A few hours into our morning Brock is out of sight and I hear the toilet flush. Since he still needs help pulling down his pants, I knew this couldn't be good. Alas he had tried to flush his cereal, cup and all, down the john. Sigh... I had to pick the cup out by myself since Tim was gone. And toilet water is very cold. After thoroughly cleaning my hand, Brock and I had a nice little chat about what is appropriate for the toilet.

Nap time couldn't have came sooner today and I was happy. Although, Brock had other plans because during nap instead of sleeping he found a small bottle of lotion and proceeded to bath himself. Well he certainly smelled good when I went to get him, greasy hair and all. He used the WHOLE bottle and even managed to rub it all in.

By this time I was trying to fix my hair and face up a little {I had pulled most of it out at this point} so Brock and I could go to the store. As I am finishing up, I realize that it is quiet .... too quiet. I start calling Brock's name throughout the house and after hearing no answer started getting panicky. Well I made it to the kitchen and Brock had pulled a bag of chocolate chips out and was double fisting them. Chocolate smeared all over his face and hands he looks at me with a big brown toothy grin and says "Mommy!" Sigh... Pictures coming soon.

Well we some how made it home from the store in one piece and I am starting on dinner. As I am shredding chicken, I hear that notorious toilet flush. Without even washing my hands I rush to the bathroom to find that Brock has tried to flush the entire contents of the garbage can. Big SIGH. Lots of stuff to fish out of the toilet this time. Not fun. Brock was in trouble for that one.

Lets just say Tim came home just in the nick of time. I was about to the end of my rope. I mean really, how many naughty things can one little boy do in 12 hours? It is now 7 and he is getting in bed. Thank goodness, lets just hope he sleeps in tomorrow...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man! I am so sorry!! I hope tomorrow goes better for you guys.

Jo said...

Haha, I really did just laugh out loud...I'm allowed to, right? Since I'll be in your shoes soon enough?!?! I'm sorry though.

Melissa said...

WOW what a crazy day! I feel for you. But I have to say you have such a way with words, I was totally laughing after that post.